Friday 20 June 2014

First Water Stream

After moving ahead for another hour, we were able to get one mechanic shop. It was supposed to be the only mechanic available for the rest of the journey. We took a halt and asked him to prepare the carrier. By that time, Dhyani and I, we went ahead in search of an ATM machine. We were down with money, and also, I had asked one of my cousins to send me some cash. There was no mobile signal throughout the journey so far, but luckily, I got a text message stating that my account has been credited. After transecting the amount, we went back and by that time, Siddhu and Ujjwal were ready, with byke and baggage. It was getting a bit tiring, and we have just covered 20% of our journey. The more we moved towards our destination, the more difficult it was getting, as the road was way too much uneven, and also, all the dust on the road was making it more difficult. Slowly, I was realizing why it is known as “the toughest road of the world”. But our craze for this journey was way too much as compared to the entire obstacle we were facing. The only motivation we were getting was from the other riders who were returning, and showing a Thumbs Up. No words were spoken. Their face was not even visible, just a mutual connection. Another motivating factor was the view of the mountains and the path on which we were riding. Splendid view of huge rocky mountain placed one next to the other, and a small path in between them, taking us to a far better world, that was still left to be seen. It was totally separated by the world that we all live in. Quiet and calm, nevertheless dangerous too. Sometimes, it’s sunny and shiny and the next moment, there is a black cloud over us. Frankly speaking, I love rain, but in that situation, I was freaking out every time I was looking at that cloud. If it rains there, we won’t be having any shelter, the roads will become muddy, and above all, there will be a huge chance of landslide. But, it was not meant to happen. That black cloud was there just to scare us, and after an hour or so, it went off. The main problem I was facing was the unevenness of the road. It was pathetic, plus a huge heavy byke. But somehow I was able to manage it. Later, the condition of the road was improved, and for about five to six kilometers, it was brand new. There was no better feeling than to ride a heavy motorbike on a smooth road. But, it didn’t last for a longer time. Again we were back on uneven track, but this time it was more challenging. This is where we had to cross our first water stream.


First when we were discussing about the path that we were about to take on, this water stream was of major concern. Everyone in their blog wrote that it was very difficult to cross those streams, as heavy current flows across the road. As per me, I was completely chill. Don’t know why, but I thought that it will be just a small stream of water, and we can easily cross it. As per the pictures I saw in Google, it seems quite easy. But images in the mirrors and in Google are far more different than they are in real. I mean, the moment I reached there, the first word came across my mind was FUCK. Bloody, streams were not supposed to be like that. The sound of water was so much, that I was not able to hear my own voice. I waited for a few minutes on one side of the stream, thinking, what to do. One wrong handle tilt and it’s all over. The stream was on the edge of the mountain, and it was flowing down into deep pit. Looking down, once again, was the huge mistake I made. Also, this path was itself not much dangerous on its own, but there was another factor added to it. There was a specific path that we should cover while crossing this stream. Bykers ahead of us took a different one, and the stream took his jerrycan along with it. Somehow, the other byker managed to help him, and he crossed that stream. Now, it was my turn. Always learning from others mistake, I took the other path, and always trying to be over smart, lead me into a deep trouble. I went into a non solid path and my byke got stuck. Plus the stream current was so high, that my byke was moving along with the current. Damn it was scary. Plus the byke was too heavy. Once again, Dhyani was coming for my rescue, but luckily, I was able to manage it myself and within no time, I was on the other side of the stream. Woah. What an experience. Despite wearing gumboots, water went inside them, and it was hell lot of cold water. Later Siddhu also managed to cross this stream, with the help of Ujjwal, and we were able to cross our first water stream. What an achievement. Bravo. They all were getting ready to do some photo session, and told me to take some pics. I neglected them, went in the middle of that water stream, there were some rocks. Sat on them, looked up into the sky, and with my arms open, I laid there. Siddhu was watching me, and shouted, “abee ooo Shahrukh Khan, pose baad me mario”. To that I replied, “maa chudaye shahrukh, saala yahaan peeth ki band bajj gayi hai. Mai ni aara abhi, thodi daer laet ne do”. And everyone started laughing. We splashed some water on each other, and later Ujjwal joined me for some sun bath. We did some photo session and after a quick laugh and a small talk, we were back on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment